Terms of Service
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
Use of the DenverChess.com Services and registration to be a Member for the DenverChess.com Services ("Membership") is void where prohibited. By using the DenverChess.com Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 13 years of age or older or have permission from a parent or gaurdian; and (d) your use of the DenverChess.com Services does not violate any Applicable Law. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
3. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Denver Chess Club's web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Denver Chess Club's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Denver Chess Club at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Denver Chess Club's web site are provided "as is". Denver Chess Club makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Denver Chess Club does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Denver Chess Club or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Denver Chess Club's Internet site, even if Denver Chess Club or a Denver Chess Club authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
6. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Denver Chess Club's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Denver Chess Club does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Denver Chess Club may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Denver Chess Club does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Denver Chess Club has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Denver Chess Club of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
9. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Denver Chess Club's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
9. DCC Membership
Membership to the Denver Chess Club, henceforth referred to as the DCC, and access to the products and services www.denverchess.com provides is a privledge that the DCC reserves the right to revoke at anytime for any reason. Accounts that are suspended or terminated are not entitled to a refund of any membership dues paid. If you believe your membership or account was terminated or suspended in error please contact the webmaster or the DCC Board of Directors.
www.denverchess.com users and their opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the DCC or www.denverchess.com. Members of the club, website users, and the DCC are all seperate entities and should always be treated as such. Any action or comment considered inappropriate by another member of the DCC or online community, the board of directors, website administrators, or webmaster can result in a suspension or termination of that user's account. The decision to remove a user's account is final.
The sharing of explicit material, personal information, or copyrighted material on www.denverchess.com is strictly prohibited and will result in a suspension or termination of the offender's account. Explicit material can be anything deemed socially inappropriate by the governers of the website: administrators and webmaster. Personal information such as social security numbers, credit card information, bank account information, or any other sensitive material is not to be shared whatsoever via www.denverchess.com. Copyrighted material, such as songs, movies, television shows, books, etc. is not to be shared on www.denverchess.com. Violation of this will result in termination of the user's account.
You do not need to be member of the DDC to access the features on this website or set up an online account. Paying membership dues does not automatically garner members an online account. Online accounts and club membership are seperate. Suspension or termination of a user's online account does not affect the user's membership status with the DCC, and vice versa. However, in extreme circumstances, both a person's membership and online account may be terminated for the same incident.